Friday, March 29, 2013

Fall Plans

 
 Originally the plan was to run Chicago with my brother and NYC Marathon.  Well, that changed in December when my brother had a massive heart attack at 32 years old.  I knew that I still wanted to experience Chicago with him and that was obviously out the door.  I wasn't sure what I wanted to do.  Come mid January, I made the decision to upgrade to the full at Wineglass Marathon on October 6.


 This will be my target race, going for the BQ!  Well, as time progressed and my brother grew stronger, completed cardiac and pretty much amazed everyone with his recovery he was okayed to run Chicago.  He is now working out and running regularly and doing amazing things!  So, registration opened and we know how that went.  He didn't get registered and I was registered twice.


  He decided to reach out and received a comp entry as a "role model" patient.  They will follow his story as he trains, runs and completes the Marathon.  His first race since is heart attack is coming up next weekend, The Shamrock Shuffle 8k.

I probably would of chosen guaranteed entry in 2014 in NYC if had known how things would of played out but I am so excited to hit the streets of  NYC in November!

 I am now registered for the Wineglass Marathon on October 6 (my 8th anniversary), The Chicago Marathon on October 13 and the NYC Marathon on November 3.  Not an ideal marathon schedule but guess I'll get my Marathon Maniac status :)

What marathon(s) do you have coming up?  Have you done more than one in a "season"? How do I survive it ?

No comments:

Post a Comment