Thursday, April 4, 2013

Not the Spring Break That I Imagined

Grandma Bal with 3 of her 4 great-grand children
This spring break had been a difficult one.  Saturday we went to visit my husbands 93 year old grandmother and she was asleep the whole time we were there.  She wasn't doing well.  We knew this and have been very fortunate to spend a lot of time with her the last few months.  We got home about 2pm and received a phone call that she had taken a turn for the worst.  This time we left the kids at home and my husband and I met his parents and his aunt and uncle at the hospital.  We stayed with her for 4 1/2 hours and then headed home.  His parents, aunt and uncle stayed and she passed away at 2am on Easter Sunday.  The crazy thing is she was born on Christmas Day 1919 and passed away Easter Sunday 2013.  Two of the most important days in Jesus' life were two of the most important days of her life.  We went to Easter Mass where they said a prayer for her.  Her funeral was yesterday.  She had such a great life.  She had 2 children, 2 grandchildren and 4 great-grand children.  I am so grateful that I was able to know her.  One of the last visits we had she thanked me for loving her family.  The example she set for her family makes it so easy to love them.  She was such and amazing woman and will be missed.
with my youngest

with my husband's other granmother

with my husband


all of the granparents

loving on her great-granddaughter

with her youngest again





1 comment:

  1. Amy, I'm sorry to hear about your family's loss. I got chills when you shared about her birth and death/Christmas and Easter. Sending prayers your way. Enjoy the little bit of break left :)

    ReplyDelete