Friday, April 19, 2013

Boston Strong

My heart is heavy like everyone elses over The Boston Marathon.  I woke up Monday morning so excited to watch and track elite runners, people I personally know and bloggers I follow.  My goal is to BQ.  My fastest marathon is 3:44:05.  I just need to take 4 minutes off my time!  Monday morning/early afternoon made me want it that much more!






My friend, Kelli kept me update on the progression of elites while I was at work.  Then track practice came.  I left my phone in the car and started my kids on their warm-up.  They then got on a bus to head to the track and I drove over.  I checked my phone to see how people finished and it was crazy how many text messages that I had.  I couldn't believe what I was reading.  I am sure, like everyone else, I checked facebook and twitter, praying it wasn't true.  Hoping that it was transformer blowing or electrical problem.  As soon as I saw it on the news I knew it was an act of terror.  As I was learning of the safety of people I knew, and followed I become angry. Angry that someone could be so heartless.  Someone could attack the Boston Marathon.  As time passed, I knew that I wanted to achieve the goal of the BQ even more.  Whether it be the 2014 or 2015 marathon as my fall marathon is 10/6.  I WILL be on that starting line! FEAR WILL NOT WIN.  My thoughts and prayers go out to all those affected!

No comments:

Post a Comment