Friday, July 12, 2013

3 Weeks Down 13 To Go!

I am in the 4th week of training for the Wineglass Marathon.  Wineglass is my target marathon with Chicago to follow a week later. Then in November, I will be running the NYC marathon.  I have decided to sign up with Runner's World Challenge Advanced Training plan.  So far it has been going well.  I have done a weekly hill run, long run, and marathon goal pace run.  I am also taking one rest day and the rest of the days are nice and easy runs.  Now that I am back on-line I can do weekly updates of marathon training.  It will definitely help keep me accountable. 
Entering Stadium

Medal and number

 

on the Jumbotron



I ran the Fifty-Yard Finish on June 29, 2013 in Orchard Park, NY.  This race finished on the 50 yard line of Ralph Wilson Stadium (Buffalo Bills).  This race was an easy one to convince my husband that I had to run.  The farthest I had run since of April was 9 miles and it was the second week of my training plan so I used it as a nice training run.  I started out slower and was able to actually negative split the run.  I felt so could at mile 7 that I picked it up and was able to maintain an 8:11 pace the last 6 miles.  I finished with a 1:52:43.  I was very pleased with how this race went.  The best thing about the day was that there was a kid's mile fun run. I ran it with my 6 year old and my 7 year old ran by himself.  The both kicked butt!! He ran 7:50 and she ran 9:30.
Finishing with A

G Finishing

G and A with Medals

No comments:

Post a Comment