Thursday, July 26, 2012

13th 1/2 Marathon done!

     We took a family vacation to Chicago to visit my younger brother. He moved there 10 months ago and it was our first visit out there. We stayed at the Best Western Grant Park. We were able to go to Wrigley Field, the Field Museum, Millenium Park, Shedd Aquarium, Planatarium, Lincoln Park Zoo, Navy Pier, Sears (Willis) Tower, and the Hancock Building. We took the train to Chicago which was a new experience for me an the kids. The Rock-n-Roll Chicago 1/2 marathon also happened to be in town the same weekend. I of course registered to run that! I really like the organization of the Rock-n-Roll Race! This was number 2 for me this year. In January, I ran the Rock-n-Roll Arizona Race
I have started to collect pint glasses from different races.

    My mom and I went to the expo Friday afternoon.  I was able to re-stock up on some Nuun and also bought some new head bands.  I have a serious addiction to headbands!!! My favorites are bic bands!
Lemon Tea, Kona Cola, Fruit Punch and Grape plus my new water botle
 

  We walked around a lot on Saturday so my legs were tired and so was I!  I laid my stuff out and watched fireworks on Navy Pier from my hotel room and headed to bed. 


I was up bright and early for the race Sunday morning.  It was my second slowest 1/2 marathon that I have run.  I am okay with it because I am coming off an injury and it was the farthest I've run since injuring myself in my last 1/2 martahon (May 22).  I LOVE the course! It was probably one of my most favorites I have run!   I ran 2:02:02 and smiled a lot!  It was so hot for the whole race! Ran by a thermometer at mile 2 that said 84! 
Medal
me and my mom after the race

Overall, I am pleased with how the race went and look forward to NYC marathon training!
  .




1 comment:

  1. Wow! I didn't know that you blogged. Congrats on the race!

    ReplyDelete